Production of the electric Mini Moke started

Production of the electric Mini Moke started

The legendary Mini Moke beach car is celebrating its comeback with an all-electric drive. The company Moke International has started production of the electric Moke in the UK and plans to deliver the first units to customers there from June. However, the fun vehicle is not cheap.

Deliveries will also begin in France around the same time, according to the company, which claims Moke International is the first heritage brand to go all-electric.

The new Moke has an electric motor with 33 kW of power and offers a range of 75 miles (120 kilometers). The top speed is given as 100 km/h. Moke does not give any information about the size and type of battery in the announcement. As for the charging system, it only says that a charging process should take four hours. This is likely to be an AC-only charger.

The electric Moke will be assembled in the U.K., with over 60 percent of the parts sourced from Europe, according to the announcement. The company isn't providing details on the origin of the remaining 40 percent (and what those components are). There are five paint schemes available at launch, with more to be offered later this year.